Mobile apps are on the buzz trend. Nowadays E-commerce companies are all shifting their eyes on increasing sales from websites and mobile apps. This is because the buying and browsing behavior of the users is continuously changing. It has become significant to have a mobile, responsive, optimized, mobile-friendly or to catch the attention of the users.
Usability testing is a critical method for testing a product by testing it on real users. It is a significant method to analyze the quality, performance, limitations, and flaws of an application. The complete procedure gives feedback on how end-users use a system & what they specifically think about it.
- Ensuring simplicity and convenience of use
- Ensuring the procedure of familiarizing with the system is easy and smooth
- Total satisfaction of the end-user with his or her experience on the software
Usability testing consultants agree that usability testing includes the following five components:
- Effectiveness: How fast can experienced users achieve tasks?
- Learnability: How simple is it for users to achieve basic tasks the first time they come across the design?
- Inaccuracies: How many errors do real users make, how severe are these drawbacks
- Recovery- How easily can they recover from the defects?
- Memorability: When customers return to the design after a period of not using it, does the user have to make a fresh start again using or learning or does they bear in mind enough to use it effectively the next time?
- Satisfaction and Liking: How much does the customer like using the system?
6 crucial advantages of Usability Testing:
Usability testing allows the development and software design teams to rectify drawbacks and glitches before they are coded. The earlier problems are recognized and fixed, the less expensive the fixes will be with regard to both staff time and possible impact to the schedule. Usability testing offers a variety of advantages for users as well as the company or developers like:
- Identify how long it takes to complete specified tasks– Usability tests are greatly helpful in finding bugs and defects which are not noticeable to the developer.
- Getting Users Involved in Ideation– By getting your niche users involvement right from the start, testers will be able to elicit more feedback than at later development phases.
- Assist to fix all the problems which a user might face before an app is released– One benefit of usability testing is that it can be performed at any stage in application development and fix all the problems before an app is released.
- Discover how happy participants are with your site or other product– Usability tests can also determine satisfaction scale of users with your app or website.
- Identify modifications required to improve user performance and satisfaction-It can also find modifications that may require improving user performance.
- Scrutinize the performance to see if it meets your usability objectives– Usability testing also gives you the feedback to optimize your software and meet the ultimate goals.
Expert testers can use usability testing in multiple ways during your specific project life-cycle. Without mimicking real-life usage, usability testing is still the perfect method to ensure that your website supports users in accomplishing their objectives easily and quickly. When businesses meet the expectations of their users, they are more likely to develop a thriving service.
P.S. We are always happy to read your comments and thoughts ;)